According to Topschoolsintheusa, Hall Summit, Louisiana is a small town nestled in the northwest corner of the state. The population of Hall Summit is around 1,500 people and it is mostly rural. The geography of Hall Summit consists of rolling hills, forests, and wetlands. The climate in Hall Summit is mild with hot summers and cool winters.
The history of Hall Summit dates back to the early 1800s when settlers began to move into the area. In 1845, Hall Summit became an official town when it was incorporated by the state legislature. Since then, it has grown and developed into a thriving community.
Politically, Hall Summit is part of Webster Parish which is a Democratic stronghold in the state. In recent years, there has been an increase in voter participation as more citizens become engaged in local politics.
The economy of Hall Summit is largely based on agriculture with many local farmers growing crops such as corn, soybeans, cotton, and rice. There are also some small businesses located in town that provide services such as auto repair and catering services for local events.
Hall Summit has two schools; one elementary school for kindergarten through fifth grade students and one high school for students grades six through twelve. Both schools are well-funded by the state government and have excellent teachers that strive to provide quality education to their students.
Some popular landmarks in Hall Summit include Piney Woods Park which offers hiking trails, picnic areas, fishing spots, and playgrounds; and Lakeview Cemetery which was established in 1847 and features some beautiful old headstones dating back over a century ago.
Population: 264. Estimated population in July 2020: 262 (-0.8% change)
Males: 133 (50.4%), Females: 131 (49.6%)
Red River County
Zip code: 71034
Median resident age: 36.8 years
Median household income: $31,042
Median house value: $57,500
Races in Hall Summit:
- White Non-Hispanic (89.0%)
- Black (9.5%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
Ancestries: United States (19.7%), Irish (7.6%), German (6.8%), English (4.9%), French (4.9%), Scotch-Irish (2.3%).
Elevation: 223 feet
Land area: 1.7 square miles
Hall Summit, Louisiana is a small rural town located in the northern part of the state. It has an estimated population of approximately 1,500 people. The majority of the population is Caucasian, with a small African-American minority. The town is home to a variety of industries, including agriculture and manufacturing. Additionally, there is a strong sense of community within the town, with many family-owned businesses that have been around for generations.
The cost of living in Hall Summit is relatively low compared to other areas in Louisiana. Housing costs are particularly low due to the abundance of small homes and apartments available for rent or purchase at reasonable prices. In addition, utilities such as electricity and water are relatively inexpensive as well. Groceries and other necessities can also be found at reasonable prices due to the presence of local stores and markets that cater to residents’ needs. The town also offers several recreational opportunities such as fishing, camping, hiking and biking trails along with museums and libraries which makes it an ideal location for anyone looking for an affordable place to live while still maintaining access to amenities found in larger cities.
For population 25 years and over in Hall Summit
- High school or higher: 71.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 9.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 8.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hall Summit village
- Never married: 22.8%
- Now married: 49.0%
- Separated: 4.9%
- Widowed: 9.7%
- Divorced: 13.6%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +33 (+14.3%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Hall Summit:
- CHRISTUS COUSHATTA HEALTH CARE CENTER (about 9 miles; COUSHATTA, LA)
- COMMUNITY REHABILITATION HOSPITAL COUS (about 9 miles; COUSHATTA, LA)
- DESOTO REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM (about 29 miles; MANSFIELD, LA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hall Summit:
- BARKSDALE AFB (about 33 miles; BOSSIER CITY, LA; Abbreviation: BAD)
- SHREVEPORT REGIONAL (about 40 miles; SHREVEPORT, LA; Abbreviation: SHV)
- POLK AAF (about 79 miles; FORT POLK, LA; Abbreviation: POE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hall Summit:
- THE RED RIVER (about 14 miles; COUSHATTA, LA; Abbreviation: 0R7)
- MINDEN-WEBSTER (about 32 miles; MINDEN, LA; Abbreviation: F24)
- DE SOTO PARISH (about 32 miles; MANSFIELD, LA; Abbreviation: 3F3)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hall Summit:
- LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY-SHREVEPORT (about 26 miles; SHREVEPORT, LA; Full-time enrollment: 3,059)
- NORTHWESTERN STATE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA (about 34 miles; NATCHITOCHES, LA; Full-time enrollment: 7,710)
- BOSSIER PARISH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 39 miles; BOSSIER CITY, LA; Full-time enrollment: 2,743)
- GRAMBLING STATE UNIVERSITY (about 48 miles; GRAMBLING, LA; Full-time enrollment: 4,299)
- LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY (about 52 miles; RUSTON, LA; Full-time enrollment: 9,013)
- SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY MAIN CAMPUS (about 75 miles; MAGNOLIA, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE (about 89 miles; MONROE, LA; Full-time enrollment: 8,116)