According to top-medical-schools, Corinne, Utah is located in northern Utah, just south of the Idaho border. The city is situated in the Cache Valley and is surrounded by the Wasatch Mountains to the east, and the Great Salt Lake to the west. Corinne has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and cold winters. Average temperatures range from 40 degrees Fahrenheit in January to 90 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
The city of Corinne was founded by Mormon pioneers in 1869, making it one of the oldest cities in Utah. It has a long history of agriculture, being one of the first towns founded after Brigham Young had journeyed across Utah’s Wasatch Mountains. In recent years, its economy has shifted away from agriculture and towards tourism and other service industries.
Corinne is part of Box Elder County which is represented by Republican delegates at both local and state levels. The city also includes several smaller neighborhoods that are each represented by their own local government officials.
The city’s educational system includes two elementary schools, a middle school, a high school and several private schools as well as branches of Weber State University and Utah State University.
One of Corinne’s most notable landmarks is Historic Corinne Train Depot which was built in 1873 as part of an effort to bring more settlers to Cache Valley from Salt Lake City via railroads running through Corinne on their way eastward into Wyoming Territory. The depot now serves as an important symbol for the history of the town and serves as an attraction for tourists who visit Corinne each year for its historical significance. Other tourist attractions include nearby Logan Canyon which offers scenic views along its hiking trails, camping sites and fishing spots; Promontory Point State Park with its ancient petroglyphs; Golden Spike National Historic Site; Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge; Promontory Park; Willard Bay State Park; Great Salt Lake State Marina; Antelope Island State Park; and many more attractions that make Corinne a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts looking to explore all that northern Utah has to offer!
Population: 621. Estimated population in July 2020: 648 (+4.3% change)
Males: 313 (50.4%), Females: 308 (49.6%)
Box Elder County
Zip code: 84307
Median resident age: 30.6 years
Median household income: $42,125
Median house value: $94,900
Races in Corinne:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.6%)
- Hispanic (8.2%)
- Other race (6.0%)
- Japanese (1.6%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Vietnamese (0.8%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: English (31.4%), Danish (15.9%), French (6.8%), Irish (6.0%), United States (4.3%), German (4.2%).
Elevation: 4230 feet
Land area: 3.6 square miles
Corinne, Utah is a small town located in Box Elder County with a population of 379 as of 2019. It is situated on the banks of the Bear River and is surrounded by farmland. The majority of the population is white (96.8%) with smaller percentages of Hispanic or Latino (2.6%), Native American (0.3%), Asian (0.3%), African American/Black (0.5%) and other races (1%). The median age of Corinne’s population is 36 years old, slightly lower than the national average, indicating that it is a fairly young town. This could be due to the fact that Corinne has a high school and elementary school within its borders, making it an attractive place for young families to settle down in. The median household income in Corinne is $39,643 which is lower than both the state and national averages, indicating that many residents are struggling financially compared to other areas in Utah. Despite this, most residents are employed with only 5% of residents living below the poverty line compared to 11% nationally. This suggests that while many people may not have much money to spare, they still have stable employment which allows them to make ends meet on a basic level at least.
For population 25 years and over in Corinne
- High school or higher: 85.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 9.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.6%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Corinne city
- Never married: 20.5%
- Now married: 66.3%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 2.9%
- Divorced: 10.3%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -18 (-2.8%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Corinne:
- BRIGHAM CITY COMMUNITY HOSP (about 6 miles; BRIGHAM CITY, UT)
- BEAR RIVER VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; TREMONTON, UT)
- LOGAN REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 27 miles; LOGAN, UT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Corinne:
- OGDEN-HINCKLEY (about 27 miles; OGDEN, UT; Abbreviation: OGD)
- HILL AFB (about 32 miles; OGDEN, UT; Abbreviation: HIF)
- SALT LAKE CITY INTL (about 54 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Abbreviation: SLC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Corinne:
- BRIGHAM CITY (about 5 miles; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Abbreviation: BMC)
- LOGAN-CACHE (about 25 miles; LOGAN, UT; Abbreviation: LGU)
- MORGAN COUNTY (about 39 miles; MORGAN, UT; Abbreviation: 42U)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Corinne:
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; LOGAN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 16,384)
- WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; OGDEN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 12,112)
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH (about 57 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 19,866)
- SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 63 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 11,896)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-UTAH CAMPUS (about 63 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 2,021)
- IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 77 miles; POCATELLO, ID; Full-time enrollment: 10,057)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (about 87 miles; PROVO, UT; Full-time enrollment: 29,977)
Public primary/middle school in Corinne:
- CORINNE ELEM SCH (Students: 173; Location: 2275 N 3900 W; Grades: KG – 05)